I have been in pain for the past 9 months. Crying and feeling sorry for myself. I have been progressing, definitely (ive learnt to relax more), and now is perhaps for me to get to the next level, which is to feel happy and be surrounded by friends.
The thing about me that i have discovered today (after a sleepless night) is that i am someone who is very wary of everyone around me. And the outer friendly shell is just a facade that i put up to hide my insecurity. in actual fact, i am a very skeptical and scared person. Also a shy pessimist. this i will very bravely admit once and for all.
I have to think for myself. I came to HK based on my own accord. I am not going back to Singapore without a fight. Since when was I a quitter. The tougher things are, the harder i will persevere on. Of course when there is a will there is a way. its all how we perceive things right, i just have to reconfigure my mindset to be positive, and make things work. I finally understand the true meaning that optimism does not come naturally, haaaa, it comes after hardship. With hardship, you find a way out, and that is optimism.
Thanks to zan, antz, syah, hazel and juliana (all overseas veterans), who have given me support and advice this while when i was sad and depressed. my friends will be my therapist, and indeed, friends will not automatically come to you, I have to go out and find them. Since when did things come so easy? Then life would not be so colourful right!
Goodbye tears, hello sunshine.
No comments:
Post a Comment