Today is Wednesday and its 11.17pm on my lappie’s clock. I am sipping hot tea and sitting on my bed typing, because my dear Natasha wants to know what is happening in my life. So this blog is dedicated to her.
I was bored today and feeling a slight tinge of culture shock, in terms of finding Graz boring and sick of Graz. I was not exactly thinking of home, but slightly missing the company of friends and family back in Singapore. But oh well!
Okay this week, we are studying this topic called “International Human Resources”, taught by this professor from Marymount University. He is this little fat thing, who I feel pity for, coz somehow he keeps on demeaning himself, and putting himself down. And he is quite hilarious and shocking to me – in the first class, he broke out in an Italian song, coz one of the girls in class is called Sollei, so the name gave him inspiration to start that song. He had a loud booming voice, and he sang for a good three minutes. Tut tut, a good start I must say.
I just came back from a nice nice dinner, with lots and lots of red and white wine. It’s a nice party of four girls – two Norway girls (Stije & Astrid), one Mexican (Marcella), and of course I. Marcella made an amazing dish, with dough mixed with half a bottle of white wine. Inside the dough are tomatoes, cheese, minced pork, garlic and onions. And when baked the dough is a nice crispy pastry. We finished a bottle of red wine.
For dessert, we melted dark chocolate and milk chocolate, mixed with milk. Then we had vanilla ice-cream and bananas topped with the chocolate sauce. This was an incredible concoction by Astrid. And yes, with white wine.
It was amazing atmosphere, with Latin music playing in the background, and only candles providing light in the very cozy kitchen. Glorious food, lovely conversation, enjoyable company. Paradise I guess.
You can imagine how incredibly sleepy and full I was by the time I was done with dessert. Together with the dim lighting and spell of the liquor, I was lying on Stije’s bed while they were clearing the dishes. Marcella, of all times, must take a pix of me dozing away!
My culture shock blues was wiped clean from my troubled mind. All I can think now is to read my Human Resource notes, and get to bed, and be on time for class tomorrow.
I will not be late again. Nitey Night!
Paupau
1154pm
No comments:
Post a Comment