Yes, I did write about mundane stuff in the past blogs.
But isn’t life all about what you do everyday? Here’s more.
Yeah, think through the mundane stuff, and maybe we too can find the answer.
HOT & COLD
The cold of the wind against the blush of my cheeks
The cold of the water against the pulse in my fingers
The cold of the feeling from German-bred Matthias
The indifference that I feel towards the ones closest to me
The warmth of the radiator against the coolness of my clothes
The warmth of my landlady in the apricot strudel she bakes
The heat that I get from the cigarettes that I consume
The high that I get from the beer that I drink
The sheer eagerness from the under aged Croatian jazz musician
The pulsating contagious passion in Memo (my Mexican friend)
The head throb I get from the cold of the wind against the warmth of my cheeks, the intensity of the hug, shuddering through the bones in my skin, right through the veins in my head.
IT’S THE LITTLE THINGS IN AUSTRIA
The fat & joy that I gain from chocolates and cheese
The annoyance with shops closed on Sundays.
The contentment I feel with the Bulgarian girls around
The ineptness I have in a foreign land.
The fascination with Graz’s snow-capped mountains
The loss of control in unfamiliar territory.
The deep slumber I experience every night in winter.
The fakeness in the Canadians.
The thrill at my research allowance
The pent up annoyance with the internet and the silly Fujitsu.
The strange looks from the Austrians
A slight euphoria in finding myself.
Pau pau
1 comment:
Heya Pauline!
Hope you're doing fine! We're thinking of u from here! Visit u soon in May!
God Keep you safe and sound and really glad you're adapting to the place.. must be tough eh! The internet stuff.. well all the best with ur studies and take care! Enjoy your stay there! See you in no time! :P
Cheers,
Sam
Post a Comment