I went to the flea market with my motherly landlady – Renate. (Pronounced as rer-na-ta). I came back at 430am yesterday. I will not tell you what I did (think tongue ring) – only that I went to this place called Music House, where they played Rage against the Machine and other metal music the whole night. Anyway, I managed to drag myself outta bed at 930am, and by 1030am, we were dressed and ready to go!
The flea market is a bit like our Sungei Road, selling second hand stuff, and you get some things at a real bargain. Renate got two new orange candles for 1€. Nothing fantastic - only that it reminds me of what older folks do on Sunday, like my dear daddy. Plus it was really nice to see people and activity on the seventh day of the week, coz all shops are closed on Sundays. Talk about lazy people.
I met Helga, the Hungarian girl at 130pm to do shopping for today’s cooking! Okay, fast forward to after we have bought all the groceries →→→ I swear Helga is an amazing cook. She like made magic! She created a turkey ham pizza out of dough and milk and yeast…. and vanilla and strawberry pudding with kiwi and berry fruits, breadsticks and milk. I was totally spellbound. I was watching with my mouth open most of the time, and I just couldn’t help but feel inspired to make my own pizza someday. Don’t You Laugh. Just Wait. I Will Show You.
I hope.
We had a nice little gathering of about 6 people, with Hungarian wine, rose wine, sparkling wine with pizza, with our fresh-from-the-oven-made-from-scratch pizza. Life is good.
I can’t wait till next Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment