Saturday, January 19, 2013

How I Spend my Winter

It is still cold here - hovering between 13-19 degrees. Still have the nasal cold - hoping it goes away soon. The clothing shops here are all trying to clear stock ahead of the Spring Summer collection. I managed to get 2 blazers for a real steal of under $15 SGD!

Am currently reading a book called Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, by Steve Harvey. Am halfway through it, and giving me insight on how men think and how I can control the direction of any relationship that I am in.

Drawing lessons from the book, I should have set ground rules for my partners that I were with before. I did not understand the power of communicating what I wanted, and what I expected them to do, if they wanted to make me happy. Instead I kept it all inside.

Workwise had been interesting observing how two alpha females in the team, try to wrestle for power. Unfortunately, I am not in their league, and am content to sit at the wings. This week, I realized dating is a lot like climbing the corporate ladder.

Have also built up a nice routine here at home. After work, Surf the Net / Job hunt, Cook, Plop down to watch TVB's Friendly Fire (法網狙擊), Sleep. I will blog around once a week - probably penning my thoughts on Saturday or Sunday. I will also have to practice my flute every weekend.

I will go home in about 2.5 weeks time. A bit excited to wear my new clothes and see my folks.

Here is a photo taken with my HKU fellow post-graduates!

No comments:

Post a Comment