Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Search for the Ugliest Shoes

It is hard to find a really comfortable pair of shoes that is not ugly. My feet hurt after just half a day of walking. And it doesn't help that I am having leg cramps, and backache, which point to lack of exercise. This I would woefully agree. But no, I did not wear heels, just uncomfortable flats.

So I came home, determined to look up a brand of comfortable black flats on the internet, but so, because I failed, I can only think of Manolo Blahnik or Sergio Rossi. I think they both make good shoes. So, the former is a Spanish designer, who creates excellent collection of shoes for women. I think he shot to fame thanks to Sex and the City's Carrie. According to the designer, feminine footwear really can make a woman irresistible. I think by feminine, he means high heels. Maybe he should try wearing his own creations for a day.

As genetics has it, wearing towering heels is really not a good idea for me, as I do not need the added height, nor do I desire to walk around poorly paved roads with potholes in it and have to yank them out from the ground when they get stuck! So I picked some of the flatter heels I might look out for when I visit the shops. I do hope they are not narrow, as I have wide feet!




And now, from branded to comfortable! Considering Naturalizer, most possibly found in HK's version of OG!



So I think the pictures sum up my point very succinctly. It's not always an easy choice to choose comfort over style, but I am trying. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment