Friday, August 01, 2008

Today I Grew up A Little

28th Jul 08
Richard said I had the talent and ability to do either and I would succeed. Richard says 51% is 100%.

Noel said I was two-faced and 50-50 and that sucks. I had to go one way or another. He said I was a conservative who wanted to try out new stuff. Very true. If I wanted to do sales, I would have to go all out. Noel is an excel teacher, experienced in the ways of the world. He is everyone's best friend it seems. He knows many people, and can teach & help me. He taught me something very important today, "If you don't try, you would never know... keng meh jie, yao meh hou geng?" I respect him for this life lesson over drinks. Should I follow him, and let him teach me things? Of course, nothing comes for free. So, get creative!


In China market, it is important to read people, and to find out what they are like, what they like to do and how they spend their time. Basically, make them happy. My goal is to sell. It is very simple and straightforward. Heck what everyone says and just deliever the numbers. Another important lesson is to make meself useful to my client. Why will client want to use my product? How will the client benefit from me? How do I make use of that benefit to negotiate terms favourable to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment