At Campers Corner:
(This was a long gone affair)
I saw the gloves he bought for me
But why did he buy such expensive ones?
I feel bad in the way i had acted.
At New SMU Campus:
SMU has become a place I nearly couldnt recognize,
Although bits and pieces of
familiar memories lie in its facade...
Power points, wireless, different Sem Rooms.
But really, if u put me there,
I cant identify it as uniquely SMU.
(This is judging from the outset of the school,
the architecture, layout etc)
Amidst adopting the fruits of labour of
Successful unis around the world,
SMU is striving to become another
world-class university, and the price
it has to pay is losing its unique charm.
Places change, So do people...
who grow into the job, grow into their age
and grow to become a Singaporean worker.
I dont blame them, but cant help wonder
if i am lagging behind.
Pris says we should grow at our own pace.
Standing amongst my peers today,
I realised most have become more subdued -
Is it the Working Syndrome?
Or maybe its just the Office Wear,
Maybe its just me.
I was more energized,
Akin to an excited bunny equipped with more
Triple A batteries than i need.
I felt oddly out of place.
When places, people and expressions change,
I think maybe I had changed.
____________________________________________________
On a green field where a flock of birds were flying in unison, i saw 2 things:
i) Friends that grow together with you
ii) A society that functions together and moves as a uniform unit.
I wonder what others see.
No comments:
Post a Comment