i dreamt i had my hair cut. I was so sad. But i hope to keep my hair for a long time. Wishful thinking but im just hoping. Coz i really love my hair although the majority of pple here dont.
okie the deal for me here is that i may have to forgo my year-end trip to Tibet. (WHY?) I am so damn upset. How often does one get to backpack Tibet and Nepal and China without any worries in the world? But then again, the people closest to me dont want me to go. =( Not like I care very much, but I am starting to realise that I have a responsibility to be accountable for myself, for the sake of others.
WHY? Becoz i need to start work. as predicted i am falling prey to societal norms and pressure. I guess there is a reason why Singapore is successful with its model of society, and perhaps to a large extent, how we do things are rightly justified. and now, really, i am under pressure to get something done wif my life. that is the problem. everything has to be done in a certain manner becoz its the way of life here, everyone does that, and everything is explained by pure logic which is somewhat bullshit to me.
1) Do not take unnecessary uncalculated risks. Why? Becoz it is stupid to put your life at risk.
But: Different pple have diff levels of risk tolerance - and to me I live life only once. And life becomes so complicated if you take into account the rights of others. Anyway, i think i have a lot to learn on tis.
2) Work your fucking ass off now so that you can do what you want in the future.
But: I think what if this person doesnt live to see the next day? I think we have to relish memories in the past, live in the present to the fullest, but also work towards the future. Not work for the future. The problem is that some pple work so much now in hope of a better future, but why cant we enjoy the present and the future, and not over compromise the present's happiness to buy a better future.
3 comments:
Sigh, I dont know. I am feeling the pressure...need to mug, write essays and all that. Grrrr.....
Jacob
You always have options in life, what you cannot change is the consequences that arise from these options, but they will serve as experience when it comes to the next time you have to make a decision.
About liberty and rights, it really isn't complicated. I think you will still be able to take risk, live life and be passionate without being foolhardy. Finding that middleground is about growing up.
yes, you always only have today, so live today. live it with passion, but not abandonment, because come tomorrow, you might look back and despair.
norms are a statistical definition, as long as a majority of any groups thinks, acts in one way, it becomes a norm. As such norms are transient and you are allowed to challenge them. Do it because you really believe and not for the sake of just challenging it.
sleepy alf
Making MOney online? Becoming a nurse? Well well, the strange things that we get over the internet these days.
In the course of life, its always best to live life to the full and not look back either in anger or with regret.
As Alfred said before, I suppose you have to live a certain LIFESTYLE because you want to and not because you want to challenge the norm or be different. The latter part is just secondary.
Oy! You wanna meet up in NUS? We could do lunch/dinner together.
JAcob
Post a Comment