Friday, July 15, 2005

Weissbach bei Lofer

4 39 am - 5 July 2005 - Montag

Zeit trickles slowly.
The patterns of the raindrops
Outside the storeroom.
For 8euros a night mit Frustuck,
The Haitzmann had very
Hospitably taken me guest.
My sole companion is a housefly,
it had been buzzing around
since 8pm gestern.
Munching on my Easter eggs from Poland,
I find such moments rare.

Had this been the refuge I
was searching for?
In the spirit of wandern,
Had i discovered the wonders
of her people.
Stranded one afternoon
on the 4th of July,
It soon hit me that
No room were frei.
Elizabeth who was so generous
also watered the seed of
Hitchhiking me me.
So lay i now scribbling away
in the warm room she offered.

Trudging my way through Sisenbergklamm
I soon arrived at Hintertal!
Paradise of meadows and rolling mountains,
some snow-capped,
i stood at an elevation of 800m at least.
Pampering myself to a feast of
fried pork and paprika sauce
mit Holonderblume drink,
I was in bliss.

It was 4km back to weissback
and a storm was approaching.
the bosses of gasthof pension lohfeyer were
too kind.
Lent me der farrah for frei and
gave me life home.
I am astounded speechless.
I have now renewed faith in the
milk of human kindness.

the neighouring chuch chimes in dawn,
as birds start to chirp and
the 400-inhabitant town starts to awaken.
I put my 3-in-1 Milo away
trudging to bed as an
untrodden day unfolds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey pau-pau, are you back in sunny singapore already? I am glad you enjoyed your trip amongst the snow-capped mountains. Its so bloody hot here...I am almost MELTING...

Ah well, in any case, I just sent my cv to Standards & Poor's London for an internship as an equities journalist...haha, my last ditch attempt to stay on perhaps.

Oh well, have an exam tomorrow, and I am just crossing my fingers that it will be alright, since it will all be in German.

Anyways, hope to see you soon on MSN and have fun at the Convocation :) If I dont see you anytime soon online, then we will meet up in Singapore yea?

Jacob

Anonymous said...

Hab' ich dir eine Nachricht in mein Blog gelassen.

Jacob

Post a Comment