11th June 2005
I lie in bed. My body aching from the crazy concert I had. I am dirty – haven’t washed my hair for 2 weeks, and haven’t bathed for 1 and ½ days now. After the mud and sweat, I am now a Audioslave believer! =)
Looking back at the times I had, I have made friends from all over.
For Austrians, I was closer to Rene, Flo, Christoph and maybe Daniela. And of course, Renate, my landlady. I definitely have met more Austrians, but I don’t think I was ever got to know them better than mere acquaintances.
As for the exchange students, I have formed bonds with Maya (Bulgarian). Anja (Slovenian), Helga (Hungarian), the Chinese people (Shanghainese & studying in the Netherlands), Angeline (Singaporean) and maybe Matthias! (Germany).
I also made friends with some people from the Jazz Academy, Gregor (Slovenian), Phillip (Slovenian) and Peter (Croatian)!
And also Martha – architecture student (Slovenian), Martha – musicology student (Croatian), my magnetic dread maker – Groch in Warsaw, Mark (Polish teacher cum hostel rentalist) and Adam – the cool media academician cum industry consultant! Who can forget the crazy bunch of Hungarians – who are also friends of Helga! Dominique is one crazy Punzi I will remember, Petar is Helga’s boyfriend and Steve is Petar´s brother.
I will keep in my memory the intense violinist at the cozy home-run jazz bar at Barbertengasse, where the owner closed shop and invited me and my friends to join them for home-made wine, food, music and Austrian company! There was an accomplished tenor (Florian), accordion player, pianist (France) and of course The Violinist (Elma). They did a live version of yodeling, piano recital, violin piece and played the accordion. It was a magical night. Simply beautiful.
Of course there were many others, such as Mika (Christoph´s friend at Nova Rock concert), Christoph (Renate’s son), Farie (Helga’s friend from Hungary), the lady from Sydney with a partner in Maribor, Richard McAndrew (Professor from Hawaii), the UK lady at DIG, and many many more. I mean, there are also the rest of the GBP people.
Indeed, it is a bagful of memories that I will carry with me for a long time to come.
2 comments:
Time sure flies here... I cant believe I am going home soon. Already we are planning to meet up next year in KL, Kyoto and who knows...Sydney.
But for now, I think I will just push that to the back of my mind and enjoy it all. As they say in German, man muss die Zeit geniessen. Going to Paris over this wkend, and then have to mug for exams...grrr...
PS: Woman! Are you dropping by again? Tell me hor....
Jacob
Hey Paulineee!!
Just read your blog from the time we came over till this most recent.. aw!!! So much experiences.. so precious.. I truly understand in my only 1 month overseas, there's already so much. What more.. what more!
But welcome back to Singapore and I'm sure you'll adapt once again. While life may seem more rigid in Singapore compared to Europe, there's other benefits.. and I'm sure.. you'll continue living it differently! And you have me and Ruby to count on! You go gal!
Looking to great times ahead!
Post a Comment