Usually it is the people whom I leave behind
The parents who have to make the journey
Back to JB by themselves
Luckily I have baby Dylan for them to look forward
Another place another child to represent
Hopes, love and continuity.
Thinking about mom and the motorcycle thief
Who caused her to fall
Yet she would stubbornly cling on to her bag
To her, her Xiaomi and her cash were worth
Putting up a struggle for.
Hearing her bruises which last for over 3 weeks
I wanted to help give some relief
At my guilt at not being close enough
Dad asked today if we can give them a roof
Over their heads when they were old
How could I answer?
This trip home represented reconnecting
With my friends from Uni
Also with my brother and mom over waffles
Momentarily but bridged months of being away
People ask when I am going to come back
Most probably sooner than we expect
~Writen to the tune of mason embry trio on the flight
No comments:
Post a Comment