Today at church, we enjoyed Candlemas. Have been able to put aside the darkness in my heart regarding last week's events at work after that. Will take things easy, and let god show me the way.
I really enjoyed D's house blessing with Father on Saturday, and her whole group of bible studies friends. I had my fill of Tahu Goreng, Glutinous rice with Coconut Milk, Curry Lamb Shank, Curry Chicken, Saya Lodeh, Duck Meat with Cantoloupe, bor bor cha cha, cheesecake and fabulously smooth French red wine. Just felt so comfortable with the whole bunch. Loved it. I am liking going to church and meeting my new friends.
Also had my eyelashes permed.That too was a first for me.
During the week, I attended the talk by Prof J. It was eye-opening in terms of the Anglican's views on Marriage, Divorce and homosexuality. He said that Anglicans, in speech, should use words signifying "probably" instead of "in certainty". The thinking behind it is, that we not know the background of the other party, and so it is not right to make a judgement on others in certainty.
I am very thankful to have such a great round up to the week.
Looking ahead, I fly home this Thursday for a 10 day break.
No comments:
Post a Comment