Saturday, August 08, 2009

Update!

I have not blogged in a long while. Since June. Now it is 8th August.

Many things have happened. One of which is my boss would like me to move into an account management role with no Sales Target. That was not my original idea when I joined this company. I wanted to have Sales exposure, and to learn about FX Options pricing.

Since joining the firm from June 2007, it has been 2 years and 2 months now. I have gotten exposure to Sales in that time. I have gotten exposure on the Sales bit, but the Options pricing that bit is lacking. Assuming I move into an Account Mangement Role with exposure to Emerging Markets like China & Korea, I could take time to learn about Market Trends and study FX Options. I could buy some time doing that, and getting some certification in the meantime.

My previous employment history was at a Private Bank on the Derivatives Desk since April 2006 - June 2007. That was exposure to FX Options and Equity Options. Joining this firm, I got exposure to Sales and FX Options sell and buy side market. I hope to do account management to grow the run-rate of the business, and pick up FX Option strategies and trends. After which hopefully I can move into trading or research.

That aside, picked some dress ideas for my sister's wedding. From Jason Wu, he rocks - he designs for Mrs Obama, great cuts and colours.

I hope to be back in SG for my birthday or sometime in SEPT and to see what work needs to be done on Paula's side, and check on my dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment