Shanghai was great. Met with China "laojiaos" like Jack and Dan from SMU, Sam and his wife Grace, and Alex - Pris's colleague. Went to eat Ma La Hotpot, Di Shui Dong, Xiao Long Bao at Cheng Huang Miao, Ningbo Tang yuan. I even had the experience of eating at a SOE's canteen, and oh Intercon's breakfast was delightful!
It was reasonably priced tailored blouse at RMB100, and one tailored black jacket at RMB260, another at RMB200. I had it tailored at the commercialized ('read - so many lao wais!') texile market near Nanpu Bridge train station. This guy at some leather shop made me drink beer with him! And i went for much-needed massage at Ming Massage - it was surely a far walk from what I was instructed to be a near walk! The decor was amazing, very zen, and the massage baju was good elastic material, not your cheap cotton kind! It cost something like RMB108 for 60mins, plus it was quiet, could unwind from that intense two days of meetings! Visited Awfully Chocolate (their chinese name is 'au fu li' full stop, oops) and the fudge was too melty for my taste. Shop very true to the clean white barewalled interior.
All credit to the spicy food, i have got a huge ulcer on my cheek (near my wisdom teeth surgery), that lasted for a week. I could hardly speak, and had no appetite. Thank god its getting better. I went to the doctor - on the pretext of getting a MC, but obviously the doctors in HK are too pragmatic to even offer. I suffered, while my colleague was gloating behind my back. By chance (and part by plan) she didn't get to see my visitor for one week, Smoochie. This little Snauzer has amazing bowels, none of my dogs ever mastered the skill of holding their pee overnight, and she did it. See, I allow only selected bitches to my apartment - those who know how to behave.
No comments:
Post a Comment