Monday, October 08, 2007

Of Taxi Drivers & Singaporeans

HK taxi drivers very sui lou one. Was at LKF at Sat midnight togged in hand with a prepacked Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. None of them wanted to take me home to Man Mo Miu. They gave ridiculous excuses that "Hui Kowloon" or they just gestured a no and a worse one just said "Mo sai xi gan". I got really angry after waiting for fifteen mins (just about the time I would take to walk home), as my heels were starting to hurt even more. Finally, decided to just not budge and hopped into a cab. In the end, he still didn't want to make one round, and made me get out at Hollywood Road. I can't decided whether Singaporean or HK cab drivers are worse.

Met Desmond, Serina, Kok Wee over the weekend. All working for JP Morgan. Found meself more friends now! We started out over dinner at Gaia @ Grand Millenium Plaza. Also met Homan for Sat lunch, and Esther for Thursday lunch. Had dinner at this fantastic Japanese restaurant called KOI along Stanley Street on Thursday night. with my colleagues Rick, Mabel and their friends. Wednesday had dinner with Bosses & colleagues at Ruth Chris Steakhouse (Richard's favourite food) and after, drinks @ Wanchai over gagging at the simply dodgy patrons this notorious district is frequented by. Tuesday was drinks at Wooloomooloo for Jurgen's departure in Asia, to be based in London. He was very kind. he remembered me as being "very feisty, just like me (him)". Made more friends over his party, spoke to Alex, Amanda, Anthony, Noel, Selina, Macy, Eva, Stephen, Johnny, Felix ......

Had a great week really, capped off by Saturday with Lust & Caution and Live Jazz @ Ned's bar @ Tsim Tsa Tsui. I loved the show, am now a fan of Leung Kar Wai. Excellent acting by him. Plot was so-so, and although I thought it was very adrupt towards the end, and didn't fancy the ending, the whole film was very well-shot especially the beginnings, being sufficiently exploited for the subtle sexual and emotional nuances.

Didnt feel the tiredness until Sunday when I snoozed till 1pm, awoken by a strange dream. Called mom, who had to rush off somewhere. And muo around the apartment, ate eggs and sausages till I finally leave the apartment at 4pm to go for my waxing appointment. Then walked around Lyndhurst Terrance, till I hit a supermaket. Ended my shopping with two red Carnations & a pink one. Did my housework till late. Dryer and washer takes forever.

Week ahead would be to check out
1) hairy crab - in season
2) get to a gym, bloody Cal Fitness is very very bad in membership and client service!!!!!
3) get some work done in Office???
4) Head to Shenzhen this weekend with friends

I am guessing I have to skip my cousin's wedding. Just impossible to attend. Will be home 19th Oct - 23rd Oct.

No comments:

Post a Comment