Sunday, July 09, 2006

Falling!

Fall I did! Seems like I have backache now. Kinda scary - I had to let go of the rock grips and just kick off the wall - and fall, till I hit my next Runner Stop... I wonder how Bungee Jump will be like then! Why am I talking about all this? I started my first Lead Climbing lesson today! Hit the Sports Hall at SMU by 9am - and man there was no turning back. I was looking for Adrenalin Rush - and yes I had it. *Big smile*




This is a picture of what Lead Climbing is about - Monique Forestier is one of Austrailia's strongest woman - check out those discreet back and arm muscles. So there is someone at the bottom supporting the rope to break her fall. She just climbs upwards. It is physically - but definitely a high when u reach the top amidst trembling arms. The feeling upon ascension is like reaching the top of a mountain - except that our wall is only 11 metres high! =p

Anyhow, I am all excited again - hee .. so glad Jessene made me sign up for this!!! And kuods to dear sister for buying me all the Equipment from the U.S!!! Now i know, i need something extreme and edgy to keep me on the go - that is why I am not as excited about Blading and Squash - not that I am brilliant at it, and not that I have short attention span - it is more like I have conquered the fear and succeeded in picking up something new. And so the kick in indulging in that sport is not there anymore. But I still want to work on my Right Cross Turn! Ruby - I can do the left cross turn and kick off already .. a bit wobbly but better!

Am looking to catch tonites Italy France Match - I say Italy will win on Penalty Shootouts. If not a 1-0. Wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment