Monday, April 11, 2005

Ode to The Train Ride II (Salzburg - Graz)

10th Apr, 2005 (Sunday)

Yes, the hills are alive! They spoke to me.
I saw them dancing amidst the pastures of greenery.

Orangey hues provided a magnificent backdrop
Against the splendid feast of icing-laden mountains
Making for a titillating sight to behold.

Awashed with enchantment,
I yearn to tread tiptoe, shodless on the riverbanks
Where the current will take me along with its rhythmic flow.

Nestled deep in the ridges and valleys,
Little homes and kirches with shades of lamps
showed me an alternative lifestyle.

For a brief moment, I see blackness
For a rippling second, I thought
I could never look at city lights the same way, Again.
For this is a rare league of untainted perfection
That surpassed my wildest dreams
In all my 22 (coming on 23) years.

Yes, the hills are alive! They spoke to me.
Wrought under the spell of Nature,
I have to refind myself in the depths of wilderness.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Amazing! poetry! Anyways.. will be joining you soon! Can't wait.. yes... the hills will come alive for me too.. soon.. and yes.. the world is your oyster.. ;P

Post a Comment