From: Radi
Sent: Tuesday, 20 September, 2011 10:03:48 PM
Subject: it should have been a funny letter
Hi, this time my letter won't be so funny.
Unfortunately, exactly on my birthday few days ago, which was supposed to be also my parents' 31st anniversary from their marriage, my dad died- unexpectedly, unbeliavable, I can say unfear... So, only few weeks after I experienced the greatest happiness of having a child I had to experience also one of my bigest fears- to lose someone I love so much and whose opinion for everything I will miss till I am alive.
As I am a religious person, I am doing my best to accept the fact. Of course, I know that all the people will die one day, I believe in heaven, I believe in God, but trust me, in moment like this, your faith is struggling to survive.
What I learned those days (it is not something new you don't know, but I will try to remind you):
1. We should always say to the people next to us about our feelings: that we care about them, that we love them.
2. It is so wrong to think like this: I will tell someone that I love him later, I will find more sparetime for him later, I am going to ask him to forgive me for something later....Forget about "later", and live now, coz every minute can be the last.
3. When it is really hard, you can see who are the people you can rely on. I will not go into details, but we really had hard time then we didn't need money or calls, but friends who stand next to us. Who won't only say: "if you need help, call me", but people who will help without asking anything. Because sometimes like in a bad dream, you just cannot scream for help even ialthough you are trying hard.
4. If you ever have the chance to help somebody, do not hesitate, just do it.
5. When you have had a bad day in this crazy life: do not be nervious with the people at home, nothing really matters at the end- career, all the material things do not mean anything, only the people next to you and the good memories.
You may say, Radi might be getting crazy, but my pain is so big, not only because he was my father, I know that most of you have lost someone, but I want to share with you also that he was really a rarely good person.
Several times he took at home strangers from the train station, because they have missed the last tain, he used to stand next to a person who seems to become a victom in different situations although often he became the victum at the end (broken nose, head) while other people will only watch, he would give blood for every person who was in need just because his blood type permits.
My father's name was Angel, and he was behaving like a real Christian, although he was not pretending to be a religios person as I do, even if I cannot say if I have done something good for many people without expecting to be rewarded somehow.
Think about it!
Radi
No comments:
Post a Comment