Over this weekend, i have achieved quite a lot i think. Bought three dresses - one Fillipa K, two BCBG cocktail dresses. Went for meal at Happy Valley Dim Sum, had dinner and drinks at Desmond's serviced apartment.
What lies ahead in March should be hectic.
March's Timeline
1) Colleague from Ldn and Japan down - 10/11 March
2) Structured Products Forum - follow up and leads - 11 March
3) Planning for Beijing trip - 24/25 March
4) Shanghai Easter Trip - 20/21-23 March
5) Rugby Tens & Rugby Sevens - 26/27 & 28/29 March
6) Harry Connick Jnr Concert - 18 March
7) Background: Buy Paul's Bday present and ship over/Antz bring over
April's Timeline
1) Mike & Jill's Wedding - 26 Apr
2) Hope to take leave from 28 Apr - 4 May
What i have achieved at work since Feb: (5 months in HK)
1) Contact with Beijing clients: Booking meeting dates
2) China reading up: Derivatives Industry
3) Salesforce knowledge & Contract Generation
4) Support work: Improved on Math Models, Structuring, Training & Presentation
Shoot, somehow it doesnt look like a lot. I still have to work on pleasing the HK clients, cant seem to do that very well. Q1 is almost over. I am quite screwed
What i have acheived socially and personally (since i was here on Sept 24)
1) I know many nice places to eat - Dim Sum, Chinese food & Dessert
2) I know where to go for good massage and nail pampering in Causeway Bay, and also a good hairdresser and facial lady!
3) I know where to get my clothes - Seibu @ Tsim Tsa Tsui, Causeway Bay, Elements @ Kowloon MTR, Mango & Zara @ IFC
3) I have my own oven to bake - Mango Cheesecake, Bluberry Muffins, Bread Pudding, Lemon Garlic Chicken were my conquests. Also found great places to stock up on baking supplies!
4) I have my own pot to boil soup - Watercress Soup, Lotus Root, Longan Soup, Winter Melon Soup, Carrot & Corn Soup, Eight Treasure Soup etc.
5) I have visited HK History Museum - had a brief understanding of the Opium War, and the Development of banks in HK and Shanghai
6) I have walked all the night markets - including Ladies Market, Temple Street, Jade Market
7) I have been to Shenzhen - Massage Therapy
8) I can be alone and eat alone - I could never ever do that
9) I have a group of Singaporean friends - we hang out weekly
10) I have started climbing at least twice weekly - got to know a nice climbing community in HK, all thanks to Valetia. Sadly, she is leaving HK. :-(
No comments:
Post a Comment