Thursday, November 02, 2006

Child of our times

I just caught an episode of Child of our Times on Arts Central.

I actually didnt think much of a statement that somebody once made. About how our childhood experiences shape the person we are.

And that show totally embellished that. From upbringing to surroundings to parental care to parental guidance... and siblings.. they all matter to make us the person whom we are now.

I am a middle child. My siblings are strong characters. I figure the only way is by working doubly hard to live up to their standards. But it is never the same when you are second best. That alone is subjective what constitutes 'best'. To me it was results. I had always believed that I dont care how you do it, so long you get it. That's why when I asked my mom what was I good at when I was young, she said I was good at being 'Kiasu'. So in other words, I wanted everything. I would study very hard, and try my best at everything I did. And people could tell. So Hardworking became my middle name.

That was my takeaway from an hour in front of the google box.

No comments:

Post a Comment