Sunday, October 29, 2006

Special People

Well this weekend had been nothing short of fruitful.

Had a drinks and laughs on Friday. You know who you are who had made my week!

Had a Halloween party dressing up on Sat. It should have been my pet event, but I robotically executed my tasks.







Had a 5km Women Run this morning. I was happy to cross the finishing line with many other very eager ladies! Wonder what My Timing is.

Just returned from a wedding dinner at Raffles The Plaza. Beautiful dim lighting, with floating tealights and roses all around. It was romantic. Food came at a snail's pace, at 10pm, five more dishes were still not served. A rather touching event.

Weekend activties aside, somehow, I feel empty despite the hubbub of programmes. I think I am losing touch with people whom I took for granted before. The non-contact mode is not working anymore.

As people start to work, there seems to be less time for others around. Have I changed, or have the special people around me changed? Who are the special people to me? Am I still special to them too? The tables have turned.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oasis - Champagne Supernova

How many special people change?
How many lives are living strange?
Where were you while we were getting high?
Slowly walking down the hall
Faster than a cannonball
Where were you while we were getting high?
Someday you will find me
Caught beneath the landslide
In a champagne supernova in the sky
Someday you will find me
Caught beneath the landslide
In a champagne supernova
A champagne supernova in the sky
Wake up the dawn and ask her why
A dreamer dreams, she never dies
Wipe that tear away now from your eye
Slowly walking down the hall
Faster than a cannonball
Where were you while we were getting high?
Someday you will find me
Caught beneath the landslide
In a champagne supernova in the sky
Someday you will find me
Caught beneath the landslide
In a champagne supernova
A champagne supernova
'Cuz we don't believe
That they're gonna get away from the summer
But you and I will never die
The world's still spinning around we don't know why
Why-why-why-why-i-i

How many special people change?
How many lives are living strange?
Where were you while we were getting high?
Slowly walking down the hall
Faster than a cannonball
Where were you while we were getting high?
Someday you will find me
Caught beneath the landslide
In a champagne supernova in the sky
Someday you will find me
Caught beneath the landslide
In a champagne supernova
A champagne supernova
'Cuz we don't believe
That they're gonna get away from the summer
But you and I will never die
The world's still spinning around we don't know why
Why-why-why-why-i-i
(a really long guitar solo)
(background - sounds like a bunch of "No"'s)
(birds chirping)
(more guitar)
How many special people change?
How many lives are living strange?
Where were you while we were getting high

No comments:

Post a Comment