Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I am So Damned Happy!!!

Yes im in a very good mood these days. No bank, no 11 hours, no nothing. =)

Today i am cooking spaghetti bolognese, with mushroom soup for dinner.

Tomorrow i am going blading. Thurs i am going Bintan and comin back in time for a movie =). Friday i am going to JB with dad. Sat I am going Sentosa. Sunday I am going to stay home. I am so damned happy.

I was in a terribly foul mood the week before, and whining practically every day since two weekends ago. My job. Yes, i am doing Treasury Operations. Essentially it is back office work. It covers Foreign Exchange and Money Markets. My role is to prepare reports to do with Liquidity, Exposure, Money Markets Placements and Deposits, Profit and Loss, Credit Limits, Nostro Reconciliation etc...the list goes on. It is essentially a desk-bound job, and all i have to do each day is churn out reports. Lots of deadlines, daily ones, fornightly ones, weekly ones, monthly ones, quarterly ones, and yearly ones.

My greatest gripe is the working hours and being tied to the computer for 55 hours a week. Not to mention that it is not terribly interesting. I guess I have to start somewhere, and I am lucky to have gotten this opportunity, i think. I think i make it worse for myself, and maybe its not so bad. For one, people there are absolutely lovely. Its a very friendly environment, but are generally experienced people who intend to work there until they retire.

I also wonder if anyone actually enjoys their job. Other than Sam, who is managing clients accounts in a design firm , i really dunno anyones. I was actually sickeningly jaded during the week i worked. It takes me a weekend to recover from the spell of depression. Do u think i m exaggerating? But i really felt so.

I hope this week never ends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm enjoying my work at a juice bar ...haha

-shirleen-

Post a Comment